Friday, September 12, 2008

5 Hotdogs and $100 richer

On Tuesday Vincent and I went down to spend a few days with my sister and her kids. We had a great time visiting. I was able to go over to my dads for lunch on Tuesday and Thursday. I went over to my brother house for dinner on Wednesday and was able to see his family and had a great time visiting. Then the rest of the time me and my sister just hung out. We played card games and watched chick flicks and had a great time. I came home on Thursday evening just in time to leave again to go up to campus with Travis and Vincent for a BBQ that a firm was putting on for students interested in working there. They had a Raffel and we won a cute purple hoodie that is just my size :) and then there was a root beer drinking contest and a hot dog eating contest. Of course Travis did both. They had the root beer one first and Travis didn't win :( but then right after that they had the hot dog one. They had to eat 5 hot dogs, buns and all. Travis had a cup of root beer in front of him and when they said GO...he started dipping two hot dogs in his drink and finished two before anyone finished their first. I was so proud. So in the end he did win and he got a $100 American Express card which I used to get groceries today (I know lame) But it was awesome! When Travis finished all 5 hot dogs there were still guys with 3 left. It was pretty cool. I was worried that he was going to throw up so all night I kept asking him how he was feeling and he kept saying he was fine. I didn't have my camera with me but this girl took some really good pictures and she is going to email them to me, so once she does I will post them.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Travis, we are so proud! Who knew?

Dallas said...

The winner of the root beer chugging contest was also named Travis. I say it was rigged.

Shea said...

great hot dog story, although i'm almost throwing up thinking about eating 5 hot dogs!! great that you got $100!!

Robyn said...

I love that Travis never complained of an upset stomach! Typical late afternoon snack!

Melody and Lance said...

WOW Travis!! I am totally impressed and Lance is completely jealous! we have a new found respect. ;) Congrats! And no $100 on groceries or otherwise is never lame -especially when won!

amber schmidt said...

I always knew Travis liked weiners!

-Philipp

Kristen said...

Score on the $100 dollar gift card! Oh man I would have loved seeing that hot dog eating contest:)

How fun to get to spend all that time with your family!

The Sohm's said...

I can't Travis ate 5 hot dogs right after drinking a bunch of rootbeer that is amazing!

Tracey Lynn said...

That's so awesome. I remember once winning a root beer chugging contest at Terrace Days. I beat all the boys, which naturally I was excited about. The only problem was when the announcer asked me how I felt, I belched really really loud into the mic. Not much has changed!

Tara said...

Nice what a champ, and 100 dollars who could ask for more! Congrats Travis!